Severe Weather Tips
It's that time of year when start to experience extreme weather conditions from time to time. This time of year, we can experience severe thunderstorms, high winds, cloud to ground lightening, hail, and in worst cases, tornadoes.
Here are some tips to help kept you and your family safe during these times.
1. Have a plan! It so important to have a plan in place in the event of severe weather. Including knowing where to go during a severe storm. Know where the safest place in your home is, with the least windows.
2. NOAA Radio. This is a radio that will work even in a power outage or internet failure.
3. If you are traveling and you see water, TURN AROUND, DON'T DROWN! If you see standing water there is no way to tell how deep it is, or how quickly it is moving. Do not try to go through it.
4. If you see lightening. Get out of the water or get away from water and do seek shelter in or around metal.
5. Have a flashlights and/or candles ready in case of a power outage.
6. Have a prepared kit with water and food.
7. Know where you can seek shelter in your community, churches, gyms, courthouses, etc.
Always seek shelter and don't ever try to out run or chase a storm.