Foods You Should and Shouldn’t Eat On New Year’s
We have all heard all of our lives there are certain foods that you should eat on New Year's day but I found a few more I had never heard of. I also found out some foods you shouldn't eat.
1. Black Eyed Peas, Greens (Cabbage), and Cornbread:
To eat these foods on New Year's Day is supposed to bring you luck in the new year. Just remember "peas for pennies, greens for dollars, and cornbread for gold."
2. Pork: You should eat pork for progress in the new year. Pigs move their spout in a forward motion when they eat, which shows forward motion.
3. Pomegranates: The Greek believe the pomegranate represents fertility. You should actually throw the fruit on the for to spread the seeds.
4. Fish: but only fish that move in a forward motion, such as cod, herring, and carp
5. Noodles and Rice: Noodles represent long life and since rice swells when it is cooked, that represents fertility and wealth. .
6. Cakes: Round cakes represent a full circle of luck. Some will even bake in a coin for extra serving of luck.
Food's you shouldn't eat are beef because cows eat standing still and you don't want your life become stagnant in the new year. You should also not eat chicken or turkey because they scratch backward for their food and you don't want to move backwards in the new year.